Closing date: 19 October 2018
Location: Eastern Cape, Western Cape
Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) Cape Channel hereby invite unemployed candidates to apply for a 12 month learnership opportunity at various terminals within the Operations Departments for below positions:
- OPERATOR LIFTING EQUIPMENT (OLE)
- CARGO COORDINATOR (CC)
- OPERATOR BULK LOADING APPLIANCE (OBLA) – Saldanha Only
- Conversant in English Applicants should not fear heights
- No previous or current learnership participation
- No criminal record
- Currently Unemployed
- Candidates must also pass a written assessment
- Physically and medically fit
- Not involved in any studies from 01 February 2019 to 31 January 2020
Certified copy of ID and proof of qualification must be attached to the CV. Faxed applications will not be considered Selection will be made in line with the Terminal Employment Equity Plan Applicants who have not heard from us 21 days after the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful.
How To Apply
Method of application:
PORT ELIZABETH & EAST LONDON
Asanda Lupoko, (041) 507 1754 / Simo Sikhosana, (041) 507 8322
CAPE TOWN & SALDANHA
Magdalene Dilgee, (021) 449 6939 / Elfrieda Lotz (022) 703 4811
Closing Date: 22 October 2018
AEL is in the process of appointing 10 unemployed Learners to study towards a National Certificate in Freight Handling (NQF 3). The Learnership period will be 12 months in duration. The training will involve both theoretical classes as well as a practical component at this Complex.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated at Chem Park, Chloorkop one week per month for ten months.
- Undertake Freight Handling experiential training within a Logistics and Stores environment.
- Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 3 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade or equivalent qualification with Mathematical Literacy / Mathematics – Accounting would be advantageous or NQF equivalent.
- Age group 18 – 25 years.
- Ability to work within a Chemical environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
- Team work.
- Attention to detail.
- Follow up.
How To Apply
Apply Online for the AECI Learnership Programme
Closing Date: 31 October 2019
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated student who has a passion in baking and ready to tackle the working world?
RCL FOODS is proud to invite dynamic and enthusiastic students to apply to be part of the Baking Learnership Program. We will be taking on 12 learnerships and will be based in the following areas: Johannesburg, Western Cape, Kwa Zulu Natal and Free State.
The learnership program will be for a period of 12 which includes a mentorship and coaching program that will cover the baking process.
This is a SETA accredited Learnership and successful candidates will receive a formal Qualification that is endorsed by SAQA.
Learners will be exposed to practical work that is required by RCL FOODS and the SETA for the duration of the qualification.
- Grade 12 qualification with hospitality studies and maths (Lit) is essential.
- Computer Literate (MS Office) is advantageous.
- Shows drive to achieve performance
- Is willing to learn and grow
- Creative, lateral thinking and has a problem-solving approach
How To Apply
Apply Online for the RCL Foods: Baking Learnership Programme 2019
Closing Date: 31 October 2018
Location: Near Brits
Ref: 29 / 2
Learnership opportunities exist at Bushveld Vametco for the development of artisans in following trades:
- Diesel Mechanics
- Fitter & Turners
- A minimum qualification of N2 with the four subjects relevant to trade
- Valid SA identity Document
- Proof of Residence
- Only applications from candidates who meet the qualifications will be considered
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring certified copies of their qualifications to the interviews
- Correspondence will only be done with successful candidates
- Preference will be given to HDSA’s residing in the vicinity of the mine
- If you have not received reply two weeks after the closing dates, please consider your application unsuccessful
- Applicants must be prepared to be subjected to a psychometric assessment
How To Apply
Applications must be forwarded to HR via email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 05 October 2019
Ref: SS 60/18 Ext
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC: Schools) or National Senior Certificate (NSC: FET Colleges) or National Certificate (Vocational) 4 with Mathematics as a passed subject
- Must be between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- Must not suffer from Acrophobia and Claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces or heights)
- Medically and physically fit
- Ability to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No criminal record and must be drug free
- A valid Code B (08) driver ’ s licence is preferable
- Currently unemployed
- Only South African citizens residing in the Cape Metropole area (proof will be required)
- Currently not participating in a learnership programme
- Must not be involved in any other studies from 1 February 2019 to 31 July 2020
Key Performance Areas
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete the required training for Fire Fighters, namely: Occupational Certificate: Fire Fighter (Curriculum Code 5411010001, NQF Level: 4 Credits: 148, Learnership Number 14Q140040001494).
- Candidates need to pass a physical and written assessment comprising of the following:
- Reach test (1,9M)2.4 km run (11min for male and 13 minutes for female participants)Push ups (30 in 1 minute)
- Situps (30 in 1 minute)
- Dead load carries (2 x 25kg over a distance of 100m)
- Acrophobia test (successfully climb 3 stories and return to ground level on a ladder supported against a wall)
- Claustrophobia test (successfully complete the confined space circuit unassisted)
- Candidates must also pass a written assessment (Mathematics with a pass mark of 50%) and (Comprehension with a pass mark of 70%)
- Candidates must also pass a behavioural assessment and medical evaluation prior to appointmentSpecial conditions applicable to the post:
- Non permanent contract position
- Required to wear a uniform
- Applicants need to be able to complete all functions of the fire fighter post
How To Apply
To be considered for these positions and participate in the assessments, applicants must follow the instructions as detailed below:
IF YOUR SURNAME STARTS WITH THE BELOW ALPHABET:
|A, B, C, D or E
||1 October 2018
|F, G, H, I, J, K or L
||2 October 2018
|M, N or O
||3 October 2018
|P, Q, R, S
||4 October 2018
|U, V, W, X, Y
|| 5 October 2018
53 Berkley Road, Ndabeni (old abattoirs premises) by no later than 08h00. No latecomers will be accepted.
- Original South African Identity Document
- Original National Senior Certificate (NSC: Schools or National Senior Certificate (NSC: FET Colleges) or National Certificate (Vocational)
- Certified copy of South African Identity Document (not older than 6 months)
- Certified copy of National Senior Certificate (NSC: Schools) or National Senior Certificate (NSC: FET Colleges) or National Certificate (Vocational) 4 (not older than 6 months)
- PT clothes and running shoes
- Participants to provide their own water and refreshments for the day
- Be prepared for all weather conditions
Financial planner learnerships program created by The Standard Bank Financial Consultancy intended
to produce professional staff. Candidates are required to be in the city of Gauteng, Western Cape,
Eastern Cape and Kwa-Zulu Natal Only.
Conducted joint training between theory and practice. This training will be held for 36 months.
Applicants will have the same opportunity to work towards a formal qualification in financial
planning. This study will apply the practical aspects and the participants will get a national
certificate in wealth management (NQF 5) when it is able to complete the program for 36 months.
participants must sign a contract and they will be given a salary plus commission R8 000
Be between the ages of 21-35;
Be competent to speak, read and write English;
Have completed a 3 year Financial/Financial Planning related qualification (Degree or Diploma, ;
incomplete qualifications might be considered);
Have a real drivers license/own vehicle;
Be computer literate;
Not be employed;
Not be studying at another institution;
Not be registered on some other learnership
The Recruitment Process:
Candidates must have a legitimate email address as all correspondence will likely be done via email;
Candidates will probably be required to complete relevant assessments-online;The following checks will likely be conducted:
Register for Employees Dismissed (RED) checks;
Credit and criminal convictions checks;
Reference checks with previous employers;
Verification of educational qualifications
Proof of South African citizenship/South African residency/work permit. Please observe that if contact isn’t made with criminal background by the end, chances are you’ll consider the job as unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 28 September 2018
The Gauteng Department of Social Development offers exciting opportunities to suitable candidates who have passed Grade 12 for potential placement in our Learnership Programme [FETC Business Administration (Grade 12)]
IN ACHIEVING THE DEPARTMENT’S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY, PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Youth from all race and gender groups, inclusive of persons with disabilities Foster Children
- Orphans Youth Related to Military Veterans
- Child Headed Families
Successful learners will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract from 2018 and would be placed across the Department.
- Certified Copies of ID
- Proof of Residence
- Certified copy of Grade 12
- Certificate Detailed CV
- Proof of income of person supporting applicant and their ID
- Court Order if applicant was a Foster Child Background report from a Social Worker iro Child Headed Families, Orphans and Foster Children
- Proof of relation to Military Veteran (i.e. card or letter and affidavit by veteran)
How To Apply
Applications: Application Forms (Z83) for Learnership can be obtained from the Gauteng Department of Social Development’s Regional offices and Institutions
NB: No incomplete, faxed or emailed applications will be considered.
All applications should be submitted to the Departmental Regions and Institutions nearest to the applicant’s residential are
Enquries: 011 222 0065 / 011 555 7659 / 011 355 7967 / 011 355 7616
We’re looking for high energy team members, who will help create positive energy and excitement around our brand and products. It starts with you establishing the customer’s needs in order to ensure exceptional customer experience as @Home takes pride in customer centricity. As a member of our retail team, you’ll serve as an ambassador of @home and help us keep our commitment to delivering the best customer experience at our stores.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, YOU WILL NEED:
- You are the person who guides customers by advising and selling.
- You get great satisfaction from helping customers develop lifelong relationships with @home
- The ability to deal efficiently with customer queries and complaints
- You need to be able to thrive in a fast paced, team environment and always be willing to go the extra mile for customers and team
- Your success is measured by team and individual productivity as well as overall store performance.
- You have strong people skills and you are approachable and a good listener.
- A love for learning
- Matric with a pass in English & Maths or Maths Literacy
- To have an enthusiastic interest and passion for retail
- Possess a strong work ethic and hands-on attitude, and demonstrate initiative to deliver results
- A positive attitude and hardworking spirit are an absolute must.
The objective of the sales associate is to meet or exceed the sales and profitability goals of the store by maximizing personal sales consistently. Provide optimum level of customer service by fulfilling customer’s requirements and needs and consistently apply non-negotiable sales standards.
How To Apply
Apply Online for the @Home Sales Associate Learnership Programme
Sun International Call Centre Learnerships
Sun International Contact Centre has a 12 month-Telephone Agents learnership
Sun International Contact Centre has a 12 month-Telephone Agents (NQF level 4) learnership opportunities available, inclusive of a generous monthly stipend.
Grade 12 (Matric)
Skills and Knowledge
- Good communication skill
- Proficiency in English and a second language
- Maths Literacy is a pre-requisite to be shortlisted.
Key Performance Areas:
- Answer calls received by the contact centre in a professional, friendly and courteous manner (correct volume, tone, pace and pitch of voice)
- Direct clients to the correct destination (department / person) through correct screening / questioning techniques
- Provides accurate information (including promotion information, functions, facilities, etc) to guests
- Answers guest queries accurately
- Interacts with the guest and provides service to resolve their individual queries
- Delivers prompt service upon first contact
- Identifies and resolves potential service issues first time round
- Downtime on communication services is corrected
How To Apply
Apply Online for this learnership