Murray & Roberts Cementation invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Shaft Electrician. The successful candidate will report directly to the Foreman Engineering.
The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates.
Applications only open to South African Citizens / Permanent Residents.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 equivalent
- Section 26 Electrical Trade Certificate / MIETTB (mining Industry Engineering Trades Training Board) Trade Certificate through a registered body e.g.
- Olifantsfontein pre 1994
- ESTC (Engineering Skills Training Centre) James Park
- GFA (Goldfields Training Academy)
- Contract of Apprenticeship signed off by employer and Department of Manpower
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in English
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- 5+ year’s trade experience as an Electrician
- 5+ year’s mining industry experience(underground, surface and plant) preferably in a sinking shaft
- Relevant working experience of Winder and sinking hoist
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- General maintenance and running of winding installation
- Cost containment, high mean time to failure after repairs
- Competent, motivated, disciplined and positive team
- Effective self and team supervision in alignment with MRC values and leadership initiatives
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Engineering equipment is repaired according to agreed standards, specifications and schedules
- Electrical equipment installations are constructed and maintained according to agreed standards, procedures and specification
- Compliance with SHEQ, MRC and Client standards, policies, procedures and safety protocols
Murray & Roberts Cementation is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment
How to Apply