Location: WC, South Africa
Applications are invited for the Distell Internship Programme based at our various operations across South Africa. Distell offers internship programmes across the value chain within the business .e.g. Marketing, Finance, ICT, Human Resources , Supply Chain, Engineering etc. On successful completion of the programme, interns can apply and will be considered for any relevant vacancies in the business at the time.
Purpose of the Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their final year of study and require in-service work exposure in order to obtain their qualification and/or those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 1 February 2019 and terminating 31 January 2020.
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification or in final year of study: E.g Degree in Finance, Marketing, Human Resources etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in cross functional groups within the business unit.
- Results and goal orientated, always able to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and make a difference.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Driver’s License and own transport is essential.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Letter of motivation.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified academic record.
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate.
- A letter from the tertiary institution.
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution.
- Certified copy of identity document.